happiness + health + home + inspiration + about

Thursday, January 22, 2015

THE WELLNESS JOURNEY

 

WELLNESS IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF ILLNESS.

WELLNESS IS A CHOICE. WELLNESS IS A PRIVILEGE. WELLNESS IS A PROCESS.


Wellness is a way of life that you design with the intent of achieving your highest potential of well-being. Wellness is not a fixed state, but a journey toward taking care of your physical, spiritual, + emotional self. My own search for wellness has been a windy road to say the least. I have traveled through codependency, defensiveness + people pleasing to reach a place of openness. When I took responsibility for my own happiness and acknowledged my own power, I began to trust my own answers.

TWO FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES YOU MUST EMBRACE WHILE TRAVELING YOUR WELLNESS JOURNEY:

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.  You are responsible for discovering your true needs and fulfilling them. You are responsible for living the life that you want rather than just reacting to what is in front of you. You are responsible for seeking meaningful experiences, creating fulfillment, + nourishing relationships that matter to you.

YOU ARE LOVE. Self-love means caring for all aspects of yourself + honoring your uniqueness. Self-love means exercising compassion and forgiveness for yourself. It means that you realize that you are your own best friend + damn good company at that.

I will be exploring the concept of wellness in a new series of posts I am calling my #livewell movement. Walk alongside me on this journey, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment