happiness + health + home + inspiration + about

Sunday, November 23, 2014

RE-PURPOSED WEDDING DECOR

The average wedding in the United States costs a whopping $30,000!  The insanity of spending a new car's worth of finances on approximately 6 hours, albeit magical and special as hell, escapes me. Having no intention of coming close to that number for our "magical and special as hell 6 hours",  I was constantly thinking about the value of the purchases I was making.

My absolute favorite wedding detail was purchased with the intention of re-purpose in my home:

I found original nautical prints on old book pages to use as my table number displays from an artist on Etsy.com. I also ordered the vinyl numbers from Etsy and easily transferred them to the glass on each frame.  The original frames were a more yellow, antique gold that I brushed a lighter gold leaf paint over. The end result was romantic and unique. I simply peeled off the vinyl numbers and bam! The frames are now a constant reminder of our #magicalandspecialashell6hours each and every day.


#mermaidsrule #mermentoo

No comments:

Post a Comment